- I am finally reading “A Tale of Two Cities” for the first time.
- When I was driving home Friday, I approached some railroad tracks with no train on them. However, the SUV coming from the other direction was stopped at the tracks. I thought maybe he was having car problems because there’s no reason to stop at the tracks if there’s no train. As I got closer, I realized the driver (actually, a SHE) was stopped because three ducks were crossing the road between the two tracks. She was waiting patiently for the ducks to cross before she proceeded. I smiled and waved at her. It made me happy.
- So far at my new job, I have swallowed any call reluctance that I’ve had, and just made the call. So far I’m finding that these calls are easier to make than the ones at my last sales job, but I’m not sure why. At my last job, I knew a lot more about what I was talking about. Here, I barely have a clue. But somehow these calls feel “friendlier.” Or, maybe I am just not burned out yet.
- The people at my new job are pretty nice. They’re not as consistently nice and conscientious as people at my last job, and the work is a lot harder here, but still, the transition to this job has been much easier than was the transition to my last job. I really don’t understand this. Did I just defeat myself at my last job, without really giving it a chance before deciding I was unhappy?
- Does it matter?
- If it does matter, there’s certainly nothing to do about it.
- I do need a challenge, that much is clear. Too much down time is just not OK with me. It ought to be since, in my head, I consider myself sort of a lazy person, but I guess I’d rather be unoccupied at home than at work.
- They are breaking me in at my new job. I’ve now been here 3 months. I have actually sold a few things and only bungled up a couple of orders, so far. There was no “First, Do No Harm” oath so I’m trying to see mistakes as part of the learning process.
- As usual there are a couple of goofy people around here, and a couple of salespeople with egos that embarrass me on their behalf.
- It is springtime, my favorite time. Excuse me while I break out into verse that always floats through the mind on days like today–need I name the poet?
i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes
(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun’s birthday; this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings: and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)
how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any–lifted from the no
of all nothing–human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?
(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)